So I haven’t seen my boyfriend in going on 4 months and in exactly two weeks he’s finally coming to visit! Well I always like to cook for him when he comes into town so I decided on a new spin on a classic, Chicken Parm. Sounds so yummy!
Inspired by: Chocolate Broccoli.
- 2 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 jar of any pasta sauce (I’m using Francesco Rinaldi To Be Healthy)
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 3/4 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts between two sheets of parchment paper and pound with a mallet until 1/4 inch thick.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer along the bottom of the baking dish, sprinkling with garlic. Spread the pasta sauce evenly over-top of the chicken and sprinkle with basil, 1/2 the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 the Parmesan.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine melted ICBINB, Panko and remaining Parmesan cheese and sprinkle evenly over the entire baking dish. Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes, until bubbly along the sides. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Return dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Nutritional info per serving (serves 3): Calories- 250; Fat- 6.7g; Saturated Fat- 2.1g; Cholesterol- 49mg; Sodium- 753.2mg; Carbs- 16.7g; Fiber- 1.8g; Sugars- 3.7g.