Inspired by: Celebrations
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups roasted broccoli florets
- 8 oz whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plain FAGE Total 0% greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 fat free grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to box directions.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently until the garlic is golden brown (1-2 minutes).
- Whisk in the flour until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, yogurt, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a low boil, stirring frequently. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Add cooked chicken and broccoli to sauce mixture, followed by the cooked pasta. Toss to combine and serve with more Parmesan if desired.
Nutritional info per serving (serves 4-5): Calories- 373; Fat- 7.3g; Saturated Fat- 0.8g; Cholesterol- 36.2mg; Sodium- 570.6mg; Carbs- 49.9g; Fiber- 5.9g; Sugars- 2.4g
Who could turn down a healthier version of macaroni and cheese? I’ll answer that one for you, nobody.
Inspired by: Skinny Taste
- 12 oz. whole wheat pasta (I’ll be using Barilla Whole Wheat Rotini)
- 2 tbsp. Country Crock spread
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup low-sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- Cook pasta and broccoli together in a large pot of salted water, according to package directions al dente. Spray a cooking dish with cooking spray and pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt Country Crock. Add onion and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, add flour and cook another minute, or until the flour is golden and well combined. Add milk and chicken broth and whisk, raising heat to med-high until it comes to a boil; cook about 5 minutes or until sauce becomes smooth and thick.
- Once the sauce is thick, remove from heat, add cheese and mix well until cheese is melted. Add cooked macaroni and broccoli and mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish. Top with grated cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then broil for a few minutes to get the breadcrumbs golden.
Inspired by: All You Magazine
- 10-12 oz. bow tie pasta (I used Barilla Picollini Tomato & Carrot)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic (or 2 fresh cloves minced)
- 1 cup canned petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Get your chicken and rinse it off and put all of it into an oven safe baking dish and cook for 30-45 minutes (depends on the thickness of your chicken). Put aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes, or as label directs; add broccoli for final 3 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Toss pasta and broccoli with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Warm remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion and garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper; saute for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; saute for 2 minutes. Toss in pasta, broccoli, Parmesan and 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Add more if dry.
Chicken Lasagna Rollups
Adapted From: Dashing Dish
- 1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8-1/4 cup parmesean
- 7 whole wheat lasagna noodles (the nutritional info on this will be with using regular lasagna noodles because that was what was on sale at the store this week).
- 3/4 jar of any pasta sauce (I used Francessco Rinaldi’s Three Cheese)
- 1/2 package of ground chicken, browned
- 1/2-1 cup of part-skim low fat mozzarella cheese (optional- I did not use, therefore the nutritional info would be different if used)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 3/4-1 cup of spaghetti sauce into the dish and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and then cook pasta based on box instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, mix together in a medium sized bowl the meat, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, spinach, spices and parmesean (I eyeballed a few shakes).
- When noodles are cooked, drain in a colander, and lay on a kitchen towel to dry. Now evenly disperse the mixture onto each of the lasagna noodles.
- Roll noodles and place into the baking dish seam down.
- Pour more sauce on top of the rolls and sprinkle more parmesean cheese on top (and mozzarella if desired).
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes covered with foil. After 30 minutes, remove foil and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Spaghetti with Sauteed Chicken and Grape Tomatoes
Adapted From: Skinny Taste
- 1 box of Grilled Perdue Short Cuts
- 1/2 tsp each of dried oregano and basil
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 tsp minced garlic
- olive oil
- Chop up short cuts into 1-in pieces and season with the dried basil and oregano.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box.
- While pasta cooks, add olive oil to a skillet on high heat. Saute garlic for 1-2 minutes and then add tomatoes and reduce heat to medium-high. Saute about 3-4 minutes. Add chicken to the tomatoes and garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes to heat the chicken up. Drain pasta and mix with the chicken, tomatoes and garlic mixture. Serve with either grated parmesean or shredded mozzarella cheese.
Nutrtional info per serving (serves 4): Calories- 280; 3.1 g fat; Saturated Fat-0.4 g; Cholesterol- 52.5 mg; Sodium- 346.2 mg (not including added salt); Carbs- 42 g; Fiber- 6.2 g; Sugar- 5.2 g;